As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
Homemade Cajun Seasoning is a mix of spices that adds great flavour to dishes like chicken, seafood, veggies, and rice. It usually includes chilli peppers, garlic powder, onion powder, and paprika. Store-bought versions might have sugar and unhealthy stuff. If you’re on the Trim Healthy Mama diet, you can make a tasty and healthy Cajun seasoning home.
Trim Healthy Mama Homemade Cajun Seasoning Recipe: Ingredients and Measurements
This recipe for Trim Healthy Mama homemade Cajun seasoning is simple to make and requires only a few ingredients. It is also wholly sugar-free and THM-friendly. Trim Healthy Mama Homemade Cajun Seasoning Recipe: Ingredients and Measurements
· Two tablespoons smoked paprika
· One tablespoon of garlic powder
· One tablespoon onion powder
· One tablespoon of black pepper
· 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
· One teaspoon of dried thyme
· One teaspoon of dried oregano
· 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
Precise Measurements for Perfect Flavor Balance
To achieve the ideal flavour balance, it is crucial to use precise measurements. Each ingredient contributes a distinct profile to the seasoning, so it is essential to maintain proper ratios. Following the measures provided ensures that your Cajun seasoning will capture Cajun cuisine’s authentic taste and essence.
Tips for Sourcing High-Quality Ingredients
When sourcing ingredients for your homemade Cajun seasoning, prioritize high-quality options to ensure the best flavours. Look for organic, non-GMO herbs, spices, and seasonings to create a seasoning blend that is both healthy and delicious. Local farmers’ markets or speciality stores often offer various high-quality ingredients that can elevate your culinary adventures.
Step-by-Step Guide to Making Homemade Cajun Seasoning
With the ingredients, let’s embark on a journey to create the perfect homemade Cajun seasoning. Follow the step-by-step instructions below to unleash the authentic flavours of Cajun cuisine.
Detailed Instructions for Preparing the Seasoning Blend
1. In a mixing bowl, combine the sweet paprika, garlic powder, onion powder, dried thyme, dried oregano, cayenne pepper, black pepper, and sea salt.
2. Mix all the ingredients thoroughly, ensuring that they are evenly distributed.
3. Once the ingredients are well combined, transfer the Cajun seasoning to an airtight container, such as a glass jar or a spice jar with a tight-sealing lid.
Helpful Techniques and Tricks for Achieving Consistency
Achieving consistency is vital to creating the perfect homemade Cajun seasoning. Here are a few helpful techniques and tricks to ensure your seasoning blend turns out just right:
· Use a whisk or a fork to thoroughly combine the ingredients and break up any clumps for an even distribution of flavours.
· Store the seasoning in an airtight container away from direct sunlight and heat to maintain its freshness and aroma.
· Shake the container before each use to ensure the seasoning is well mixed and evenly dispersed.
Proper Storage and Shelf Life Recommendations
To preserve the integrity of your homemade Cajun seasoning, it is essential to store it properly. Follow these recommendations to maintain its freshness and flavour:
· Store the Cajun seasoning in a cool, dry place, away from direct sunlight, moisture, and heat.
· Use sealed, airtight containers to prevent air from entering and compromising the seasoning quality.
· Properly storing homemade Cajun seasoning can maintain its freshness and optimal flavours for up to 6 months.
How to use Trim Healthy Mama homemade Cajun seasoning:
This seasoning blend can be used to add flavour to a variety of dishes, including:
Chicken: Sprinkle Cajun seasoning on chicken breasts, thighs, or wings before cooking.
Seafood: Season shrimp, fish, or scallops with Cajun seasoning before grilling or baking.
Vegetables: Add Cajun seasoning to roasted vegetables, such as broccoli, zucchini, or sweet potatoes.
Rice: Stir Cajun seasoning into cooked rice for a flavorful side dish.
Here are some specific recipes in which you can use your Trim Healthy Mama homemade Cajun seasoning:
Cajun Chicken and Sausage Gumbo: This hearty soup is a classic Cajun dish sure to please. Simply brown some chicken and sausage in a pot, then add your favourite Cajun seasoning blend, vegetables, and broth. Bring to a boil, reduce heat and simmer until the vegetables are tender.
Cajun Shrimp Scampi: This quick and easy dish is perfect for a weeknight meal. Simply sauté some shrimp in olive oil and garlic, then add your favourite Cajun seasoning blend and white wine. Cook until the shrimp are pink and cooked through.
Cajun Roasted Broccoli: This healthy and delicious side dish is easy to make. Simply toss broccoli florets with olive oil and Cajun seasoning, then roast on a baking sheet until tender and slightly browned.
Cajun Cauliflower Rice: This low-carb alternative to rice is a great way to add some Cajun flavour to your meal. Simply grate the cauliflower into rice-sized pieces, then sauté in olive oil with Cajun seasoning until tender.
Tips for storing and using Trim Healthy Mama homemade Cajun seasoning:
· Store your Cajun seasoning blend in an airtight container in a cool, dry place. It will stay fresh for up to 6 months.
· When using your Cajun seasoning blend, start with a small amount and add more to taste. Cajun seasoning can be pretty spicy, so it is essential to start slowly.
· If you are not following the Trim Healthy Mama diet, add a pinch of salt to your Cajun seasoning blend. However, remember that most Cajun seasoning blends already contain some salt.
This homemade Cajun seasoning recipe adds a little zest to your dishes while staying true to your Trim Healthy Mama goals. By creating your blend, you’re in control of the ingredients. You can enjoy the robust flavours of Cajun cuisine without any guilt.
So why settle for store-bought when you can whip up a batch of this delicious seasoning in just a few minutes? Give it a try and embark on a culinary adventure that will leave your taste buds craving more. Happy seasoning!
Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc, or its affiliates.